Some of my friends make chocolate rum balls every year for their holiday parties, and these sweet little bites are always the first things to go. Maybe that says more about my friends who always reach for the boozy treats first, but I can’t blame them.
These rum balls are as easy to make as they are to eat. They’re the best boozy no-bake treat!
This easy rum balls recipe will not disappoint. “A proper rum ball must be dense but moist, and ideally a little gooey. It must sing with booze but shouldn’t be too sweet,”
Something else to play around with: the choice of alcohol in your rum balls! Any rum will work, so use your favorite. (Malibu coconut rum is great if you also plan to coat your rum balls with shredded coconut.) You can even mix things up with tequila, bourbon, or whiskey!
Store your rum balls in the refrigerator. They become even better and more deeply infused with alcohol flavor after a few days.
Now go have yourself an adult snow fight!!
Have fun with these Merry Christmas!!!
- 1 1/2 cups Nabisco Nilla wafers-crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus 1/2 cup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Hershey's dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup Bacardi rum plus 2 Tablespoons
- 1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside.
- 2. Add the Nilla wafers to a food processor and break the cookies down into small crumbs.
- 3. Pour the wafer crumbs into a large mixing bowl. Add the powdered sugar, brown sugar, cocoa powder, pecans and salt. Whisk to combine.
- 4. Add the corn syrup, honey and one 1/4 cup of the rum. Mix until a crumbly, stiff batter forms. If your batter is a bit too dry, add additional rum. I added an additional 2 Tablespoons and that seemed to make the batter perfect. Cover and chill for one hour.
- 5. Remove the chilled batter from the refrigerator. Roll into one inch balls and place on the lined baking sheet. Cover and chill for 10 minutes.
- 6. Place 1/2 cup powdered sugar into a shallow bowl. Roll each chilled rum ball into the powdered sugar, covering each one completely.
- 7. ENJOY!!
- *Store the rum balls in a single layer in an airtight container in the coldest part of your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks (the rum flavor intensifies with each passing day).