I’m always on the lookout for a cookie recipe that freezes well because let’s be honest, a frozen cookie after 10:00 p.m. at night is one of the best treats, like, ever. Every time I visit my mom, she has something in her freezer that we all know to go looking for!
I whipped up a batch of these chocolate chip coconut cookies just last night and they are gone!
Completely and utterly and sadly gone.
Next time I will make many extra so I can freeze a couple dozen for my snacking habits.
If you’re all about consistency in cookie size, then grab a cookie scoop. My favorite is a medium cookie scoop, but if you’re counting calories, you may want to go with a small cookie scoop.
Freezing cookies are defiantly one of my favorites and I was surprised with how awesome this one did!! Especially the coconut the texture was still perfect!
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- ½ C Butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ C Coconut, shredded and sweetened
- Preheat oven to 375
- Empty cake mix into a bowl. Add the butter and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs and give them a quick whisk with a fork to break the yolks.
- Add the eggs to the cake mixture and combine well.
- Spoon out the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I like to use a small melon scoop (approximately 2 tbsp) so that all the cookies are uniform in size.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with a fork and sprinkle the coconut shreds on top. Slightly push the coconut into the dough to ensure it sticks.
- Bake for approximately 10 – 12 minutes
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack.
Feel free to “like” Sequins in the South on Facebook. It will make me super happy and you will never miss a cookie creation!!
Thanks so much for coming by means a ton!!!