If there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s nutella right out of the jar. I can’t imagine how many times I sat there and ate one spoonful after the other while telling myself “okay.. this is the last one!”. Nutella is extremely addictive, and you know what’s more addictive? These delicious nutella thumbprint cookies.
If your in the pantry scratching your head right now, don’t worry. All you need is a few things. These babies are super easy to make and can be prepared and baked in 30 minutes.
Named for the way the indentation in the center is made with your thumb, these popular cookies are filled with a pool of nutella.
Again, with these cookies, I took a classic thumbprint recipe and just substituted Nutella for the jam. It’s as simple as that.
Well, you probably don’t need me to tell you how good these were, because, I mean, how could they not be? But, yes, they were quite scrumptious and a lovely little celebratory treat for those of us spending our nights and days hovering, feeding and taking care of little humans.
I’m going to get back to watching a Christmas movie, and then I think I’ll have a cookie. Here’s the recipe…
No matter who you serve these to they won’t last long better make extra!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Grease or line 2 cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, place the butter and sugar.
- Separate the egg yolk and white, reserving egg white in a small bowl and adding the egg yolk to the bowl with the sugar and butter. Mix well.
- Mix in vanilla, flour and salt.
- Shape dough into tablespoon-sized balls.
- Roll in egg white, then hazelnuts.
- Place on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven. With thumb, press down in the center to dent each cookie. Put about 1/2 teaspoon of Nutella in each thumbprint.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, until cookie dough appears golden.
Hope yall love these as much as my family!!!