What You Need:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2+ cups all-purpose flour (you will need the extra when you roll out your dough)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Food coloring (3 different colors – we prefer using gel colors because of its saturated shades)
- Buttercream icing
- Sprinkles to decorate
How To Create:
- Using a medium-sized bowl and an electric mixer, combine butter, sugar, and egg until you reach a creamy consistency..
- Mix in your vanilla and mix well. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (use only 2 cups of the flour… again, the rest will be for rolling out your dough)
- Combine your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients one third at a time.
- Separate your dough in three balls: a large one for your large cookies, a medium one for the cookie stacked in-between, and a small ball for your smallest cookie. Color each one with your color of choice.
- Wrap each dough ball separately in clear-wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Once chilling time is complete, roll out the dough until about ¼ of an inch thick and cut out your preferred shapes with a cookie cutter. Line an inch apart on your cookie sheet and bake for about 8 to
- 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Stack your cookies from largest to smallest using buttercream. Top your smallest cookie with buttercream and add sprinkles to decorate.
My kids LOVED helping with these.
This is my favorite cookie I have created so far!
You coming by my little piece of the food world makes my day thanks!!