Oh my heavens! I’ve combined some the best items ever to make this cookie!! Now me and the husband can fight over the last cookie 😉
I have a weakness for any kind of cherries.
Whether they’re floating in a drink or nestled in cookies, I just want to pick them out and devour.
I adore this fabulous cookie. It’s filled with sour cherries. The smell of baking cake mix filled my house with the most wonderful fragrance. This cookie is crunchy on the outside and chewy on the inside–just what we like in a cookie. The original recipe calls for maraschino cherries although I always use sour cherries it’s so much better!!
My kids love a Shirley temple Fast forward a couple decades, and I’d ask for extra of the extra cherries floating in my cocktails. Now I nibble on them in cookies.
Seriously, how can you not smile biting into a cookie like this??
I’ve been having a lot of nostalgia lately and been thinking a lot about my Nanny. I have such warm, loving memories of her. I know I probably put her up on a pedestal, but despite the fact that she was human and made mistakes like the rest of us do, she never made me feel like she would shun me for making some of the bad choices I made in my life. Rather, she loved me, took me into her home, and never shamed me for some of the stupid things I did. That is why I want to be exactly like her. Which is probably why I love to bake and I always hope to have fresh warm cookies for my kids and one day when they have kids! It’s just a good fuzzy feeling!
Tons more cookies where these came from my personal favorite is below check those out 2!
- 1 cherry chip cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ C butter (room temperature
- ¼ C oil
- 1C sour cherries, dried, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine eggs, oil and butter with the cake mix. Mix well.
- Using a small scoop, scoop out the dough onto a parchment lined baking tray
- Wet your fingers and press down slightly to flatten the cookie.
- Evenly dived the cherry pieces on the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for approximately 8 – 10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Remove after baking and let sit on the pan for a couple of minutes to cool.