Come on now! You guys all KNEW this one was coming, right? and I made my most favorite flavor ever – cherry! Now, obviously you could use whatever flavor of extract your heart desires. Strawberry, cherry, vanilla, rum, banana…you get the idea, yes?
Now if you’re like one of those super moms, you could totally make multiple flavors and be the talk of the town. Strawberry pink gummies, cherry red gummies, pina colada white gummies. Just threw that in there.
Now I want to make pina colada gummies. Shoot! or maybe be on the beach with a pina colada whatever you get the idea!
My kids LOVE these yes even more than the 50 varieties they have @ the grocery store. And when we have extra we always freeze a few and it’s the best late night guilt free snack ever!!
Now go try and let me know what you think!
- - 1 ½ cups Applesauce
- - 2 ¼ cup Sugar plus extra to roll gummy in
- - 2- 3oz. Boxes of Black Cherry Jell-O (Any flavor will work)
- - 2 packs of Unflavored Gelatin
- - Heart Cookie Cutter
- 1. Mix all ingredients in a saucepan over Medium-High heat. Stir constantly until it reaches a boil. Let boil for one minute.
- 2. Remove from heat and pour into a parchment lined 13x9 baking dish. (This will allow for easier removal).
- 3. Place dish in refrigerator for about an hour or until set.
- 4. Once set, remove from pan and dust top with sugar.
- 5. Cut out heart shapes using your cookie cutter. After the first cut-out, dip cookie cutter in sugar before you cut-out the next one. (It won’t stick to much if you do this).
- 6. Take the gummy heart and roll in sugar to coat the bottom and sides. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 7. Store in an airtight container or serve immediately.
- 8. Enjoy!