I consider myself crafty and love to make everything especially trying out something new.
So a few weeks ago i got it in my mind i wanted to knit a scarf. And i wanted to-do it the easiest no fuss way !! So I jumped on Pintrest and You Tube and poked around and looked at all the options i had. Picked up my yarn a few times and kept messing up. So i volunteered my husband to help me learn haha !!! He has more patience than i do.
Now keep in mind all these tutorials were saying how their four and five year old toddlers can do it with ease and I’m sure they can but i was cussing at the screen while learning so maybe those mom’s are amazing teachers ♡
So i wanted to post my You can Knit tutorial so you can ask 100 questions and get fast answers if needed.
So im going to give you step by step directions then a picture for each.
1. Fist, layout your hand, right handed lay out left hand. Left handed lay out right hand. Hold the end piece of the yarn with your thumb. For the actual knitting you only use 4 fingers.
2. Using your right hand, wrap yarn over your pointer finger back behind your middle finger over the ring finger then behind your pinkie.
3. Now wrap yarn back around your pinkie behind ring finger and so on like in reverse making loops around each finger.
4. Move loops up on your fingers just a bit and repeat step 2.
5. After you wrap the yarn a second time you will have two rows of loops. Make sure you dont wrap to tight.
6. Now one finger at a time pull the bottom lower loop over the top loop and over the top of your finger.
7. Now left with only one row of loops you can let go of the end piece of yarn you were holding with your thumb.
8. Now repeat steps 4-8 for a good while you will be able to tell how long you want the scarf.
When you get to the end cut the yarn and leave about 5 inchs of yarn to work with. Take the loops off each finger be very careful and hold each loop and run the single strand of yarn through the holes and tie a knot then double knot if you miss a hole the whole thing will come un done.
It’s so fun yall !! Just try and let me know what you think and remember i will answer all questions !!
Barb @ A Life in Balance says
Lou Lou Girls says
Amanda @ The Kolb Corner says
Jacqui Odell says
Sue at the Shack says
Laci Carlson says
Lilly's Mom says
Andrea Fogleman says
Kathy, The Chicken Chick® says
Lynda Hardy says
Laci Carlson says