Hey y’all !!! A big topic in the blogging world right now is Media Kit’s. When I 1st started blogging I had no idea what that was and definitely didn’t think I needed or wanted one.
I currently only use my media kit for product reviews. I love new things I’ve never tried and its fun for me. So far I have reviewed beauty products, jewelry, party in a box, candles, and even a awesome dreamcatcher.
What I found that personally works for me:
• Always give them a date that you will have the post up by and don’t let them down.
• I always give my partners tons of social media shares along with my review.
• Just like bloggers time is valuable so are these companies and small shops that partner with us. The collaboration has to benefit both parties.
• I never pitch to anyone to review something if I don’t truly think I would love it and would recommend it.
• Take time and do research and don’t treat the companies all the same and all with a generic letter.
Think of it as your blog resume. Putting time and thought into your media kit is important.
If you want to review products, work with brands or have ads. Your media kit will explain & showcase your blog and save time on back and forth communication.
Few things to remember:
• One page in my opinion is sufficient the companies / people we pitch to are busy and need to take one look & be impressed.
• Always include social media links. That does not mean you always have to include # of followers especially for newer blogs may be best to leave it out. (At least until it’s asked for).
• Always save and send your media kit in a PDF file.
I hope y’all get a lot of use out of this !! Please ask any questions you may have if I can answer them I definitely will !!
Please Click the banner below all you have to-do is click that’s all and it helps me ton’s 🙂