If you like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain, this delicious Boozy Pina Colada Cake is for you. This is certainly one of my favorite boozy cake recipes. It is fruity, delicious and as fun to make as it is to eat.
Pineapple and coconut together are so reminiscent of lazy beach days and delicious drinks with umbrellas in them. This cake will transport you there in one bite. It is quite literally the perfect summer cake to serve your adult friends.
I mean who doesn’t like treats that are there just for the adults to indulge in? They are perfect for your next backyard get together. The boozy icing is beyond amazing, giving hints of creamy pina colada mix and a delicious rum background.
Another fun thing about this recipe is that it is a poke cake, so it absorbs so much delicious flavor. The delicious pina colada drink mix, coconut cream pudding mix, and rum gets right into the cake and provides the most amazing flavor.
Boozy and Fun for all the adults!
It is time to get started making this Boozy Pineapple Pina Colada Cake.
What You Need to Make This Boozy Pina Colada Cake
This cake is so simple to put together. All you need is a boxed cake mix and a few other simple ingredients to create boozy deliciousness.
- 1 white cake mix – Prepare this as per the directions on the package.
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple – The fresh pineapple really lends a delicious and light flavor to the cake.
- 1 ¼ of a cup of Pina Colada Drink Mix – Divide this mixture up to use for both the cake and the icing.
- 1/3 of a cup of Rum, plus 2 additional tablespoons – You can also divide this up as well.
- 1 3.4-ounce package of coconut cream pudding mix – Do not prepare this before using it in the recipe.
- 2 8-ounce tubs of whipped topping – Make sure to thaw this before you start making your cake.
How to Make Boozy Pina Colada Cake
Bake your white cake mix according to the directions on the package and allow to partially cool on a wire rack.
Once partially cooled, poke holes in the cake using a fork or a wooden skewer.
Mix the pudding mix with 1 cup of the Pina Colada drink mix and 1/3 of a cup of the rum.
Pour the pudding mixture over the cake and spread it gently so it can get into the holes of the cake.
In a bowl, mix one container of your whipped topping with ¼ of a cup of the Pina colada mix and 2 tablespoons of rum.
Spread the whipped topping mixture over top of the cake and top with the remaining whipped topping.
Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
Serve it up! Cheers!
- 1 white cake mix, prepared as directed on package instructions
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1 1/4 cup Pina colada drink mix, divided
- 1/3 cup rum, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package coconut cream pudding mix
- 2 (8 ounce) tub whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Allow to partially cool on a wire rack.
- Poke holes with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Mix together pudding mix with 1 cup Pina Colada drink mix and 1/3 cup rum. Pour over the cake and spread around to make sure it gets in the holes.
- Mix together one container whipped topping with 1/4 cup Pina Colada mix and 2 tablespoons rum. Spread this over the top of the cake and then top with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can find it later!