Butter Pecan Cupcakes are fairly easy to whip up if you’ve got a bit of time. While you are making them, just imagine the mouth watering goodness of the caramel buttercream frosting! Oh my!
I love butter pecan ice cream. I think I get it from my mom. So when I found a recipe for a butter pecan cake, I knew I had to turn it into cupcakes. These were such a hit that my whole family loved them!
I work in a office with lot’s of mazing lady’s and we have snack day often and I normally always take a unique cupcake and they have never loved anything better!
Have you had a unique cupcake lately? If so let me know what kind below I would love the ideas to recreate!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temp.
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk room temp
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter at room temp.
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Line cupcake pan with 12 paper liners
- Whisk flour, lightly spoon and level to measure, then sift twice into medium bowl with baking powder and soda.
- In bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, combine sugar, salt and 1 stick butter.
- Beat at a medium speed for 5 minutes
- Begin to add the eggs, one at a time, add vanilla with very last egg and beat till.
- On the low speed of the mixer, add flour mix and then alternate with milk, beginning and ending with flour and add the nuts with last bit of flour.
- Stir batter with briefly, to be sure everything is well incorporated
- Fill muffin cups with about 1/4 cup batter.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near center returns clear
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour before frosting.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat butter till light and fluffy 4-5 minutes maximum
- Now scrape bottom and sides of bowl, begin to gradually add more powdered sugar and beat till soft peaks form.
- Add caramel sauce and continue to beat on low speed until well incorporated.
- Increase speed to medium then to high about 2-3 minutes.
- Top cupcake in the frosting, caramel sauce and cherry.