Are you ready for decadence? Are you ready for a rich and gooey lemon stick with some white chocolate chips thrown in? Lemon Oreo Sticks have it all. They have a wonderfully dense texture like true brownies and blondies. They have a little bit of crunch from the white chocolate chips, and they’re gooey galore from all the sugar content! Yes, you will experience a sugar overload, for sure.
I’m always looking and thinking of new recipes with lemon and this is now in my top 5! The results were fantastic. And If I hadn’t been making these goodies for others, I might have consumed much more than was good for me.
I do have a few recommendations for making this recipe successfully, however. First of all, this recipe really CANNOT be doubled and put in a larger pan. Because more ingredients take longer to cook, the white chocolate chips will dissolve into the bar so that you can no longer see them. It still tastes divine but the presentation is not as lovely. It also tends to caramelize a little more if you have to cook it longer. Also, make the effort to find REAL white chocolate chips–don’t use premiere white baking chips (vanilla chips). Find REAL white chocolate. Look at the ingredient list. If there’s not cocoa butter in the ingredients they’re NOT white chocolate chips.
I’m a 100% lemon junkie freak!! and yes I have turned my family into that as well!!! If you even like lemon stuff a little bit you have to try this!! Treats like this NEVER last around my kitchen.
- 2 packages, Lemon Creme Oreo Cookies (15.25 oz)
- 1 package, mini marshmallows (10.5 oz)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or white candy melts
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan and set aside.
- Use a food processor to coarsely crush 36 cookies. Alternatively you can use a rolling pin and place the cookies into a ziplock bag.
- Coarsely crush an additional 3 cookies and keep separate.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add marshmallows and butter, cut into squares. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and check. Microwave in 20 second increments until the marshmallows are puffy and butter is melted. Stir with a large spoon.
- Stir in crushed cookies and mix until completely combined.
- Press into prepared pan and top with additional 3 crushed cookies. Press gently on the cookies into the mix.
- Let set until firm, about an hour. You can place in the refrigerator if desired.
- Use a large spatula to remove the bars from the pan. Place onto parchment paper and cut into 16, 1" x 4" sticks. Spread out on parchment paper.
- Place white chocolate into a bowl and microwave for 60 seconds. Stir and continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until completley melted. Use a spoon to drizzle over the ends of the sticks. Let chocolate set to firm.
- Makes 16 sticks.