Healthy and delicious desserts can be hard to come by, but that doesn’t mean it is impossible to find one you love. These Lemon pie jars are an amazing, delicious and healthy treat to serve your entire family.
If you are like me and love a delicious lemon pie but want to be able to enjoy some without the guilt, this recipe is for you. It tastes just like a lemon pie without all that added fat and sugar. Guilt free desserts are always welcome in my home and in my belly.
This recipe makes 6 servings of this delicious dessert in 6 individual jars, so it is perfect for a delicious after dinner treat. In fact, I love to enjoy these with a hot tea and a good book in the evening, or even sometimes for breakfast.
No matter when you enjoy them, the bottom line is that these delicious pie jars are easy to put together, healthier for you than a traditional lemon pie, and easy to enjoy.
Delicious and healthy!
So, without further ado, lets make these Lemon Pie Jars.
What You Need to Make These Lemon Pie Jars
These dessert jars don’t take much in the way of fancy ingredients and can be made rather quickly. In fact, they are even perfect for those following weight watchers as each lemon pie in a jar has only 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle points!
- 2 cups of nonfat Greek yogurt – Make sure that you choose the nonfat style, plain Greek yogurt.
- 1 package of fat free, sugar free lemon pudding mix – This can usually be found at your local grocery store.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice – We like to use freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- 8 reduced fat vanilla wafers – Make sure that you choose the reduced fat variety to ensure that you keep it healthier.
- 6 tablespoons of whipped cream
- 6 small sauce jars – You can either reuse jars that you have lying around your home or purchase standard sized canning jars.
How to Make Lemon Pie Jars
Beat your non-fat Greek yogurt in a medium bowl until you see stiff peaks start to form.
Add the lemon pudding mix and lemon juice into the Greek yogurt mixture. Beat it well to combine.
Prepare the jars by placing one vanilla wafer into the bottom of each one.
Top the wafers with 1/3 of a cup of the yogurt mixture.
And then add a dollop of whipped cream on top.
Crush your two remaining vanilla wafers and sprinkle them on top of each lemon pie jar.
Serve and enjoy without the guilt!
- 2 cups nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 package fat free, sugar free lemon pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 reduced fat vanilla wafers
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream
- 6 small sauce jars
- In a medium bowl, beat the nonfat Greek yogurt with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add the lemon pudding mix and lemon juice and beat to combine.
- Prepare the jars by placing one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each jar.
- Top with 1/3 cup yogurt mixture and one tablespoon whipped cream.
- Crush remaining two vanilla wafers and top each lemon pie with cookie crumbles.
Each lemon pie in a jar has 2 Weight Watchers Freestyle points.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 9g
Don’t forget to pin this post so you can make up this zesty treat whenever you want!