I live in a small town in Georgia so there is no running to the French quarter for me to join in the big party. Sure let’s drink way to much and toss some beads…. or my style make & take these cute Mardi Gras Oreo’s to the office and add a little spunk to my 9-5. That’s the option I choose woot woot living on the edge right?
This are so easy and fun and truly can use this recipe for any party depending on what colors fit just change them up.
What you need:
12 double-stuffed Oreos
2 T solid shortening
1 cup Wilton lavender chocolate melts
1 cup Wilton vibrant green chocolate melts
Wilton gold sugar sprinkles
2 cookie/candy molds (6 on each sheet)
How To Create:
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Set aside.
2. In a double boiler pan, melt 1 tablespoon solid shortening.
3. Add 1 cup purple chocolate melts to the shortening and stir until completely melted.
4. Pour 1 T of the melted chocolate into each mold to cover the bottom entirely.
5. Place an Oreo into each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
6. Using a Tablespoon, pour more melted chocolate on top of the Oreo until the mold is full.
7. Refrigerate for one hour.
8. Repeat steps 2-7 using 1 T solid shortening and vibrant green chocolate melts.
9. Remove candy molds from refrigerator after one hour.
10. Gently press down on the molds to lift the cookies out onto the baking sheet.
11. Sprinkle each cookie with gold sugar crystal sprinkles.
I got my cookie mold at Hobby Lobby but you can also order on E-bay & Amazon for cheap !