I have a thing for Disney movies. In fact, I tend to love all things Disney. That is why these Mickey Mouse Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts to make.
They are not only cute, but they bring back nostalgic memories of my childhood.
This is a simple cupcake, decorated with cute cookie mickey ears and some fun marshmallow fluff.
They are perfect for any Disney themed party, any get together, or even when watching a new Disney release or a favorite classic. No matter the reason you choose to whip these up, you will feel the magic.
Even more fun is the fact that the kids can help you make these rather easily. Especially since the steps are so incredibly simple.
This is a great way to spend some fun time with your littles, and after, you can taste test the finished product. That was our favorite part of the whole process.
The good news is that you can use a boxed cake mix to make these. This makes them incredibly simple.
If you want to be a little fancier, make your favorite chocolate cake recipe from scratch. It really doesn’t matter what you choose to do.
Magical and gorgeous.
So, lets get started on these fun Mickey Mouse Cupcakes!
What you Need to Make These Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
These cupcakes are generally simple to make and take very little effort. In fact, very little in the way of fancy ingredients are required to whip these up.
Here is what you need:
- 1 chocolate boxed cake mix – This makes it much easier to make these cupcakes, but if you want, you can opt to use your favorite recipe.
- 1/2 cup water – You can just get this out of your tap.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil – You can find this at your local grocery store.
- 3 eggs – These are pretty self explanatory. Use whatever eggs you have on hand.
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix – You probably already have this in your pantry.
- Mini Oreo cookies – Use the mini ones to create the mickey ears.
- Small yellow buttons – These aren’t going on the cupcakes themselves; they are to be glued to the wrapper if desired.
- 2 sticks room temperature unsalted butter – You want to ensure that the butter is softened enough for the frosting.
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff – This is for the icing, and it will help the cookies to properly stick.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Mickey Mouse Cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking liners.
Using a large mixing bowl, add in your cake mix, water, eggs and oil.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer and mix the wet ingredients on low for about 1 minute. Then switch to medium for 1 minute.
After mixing, add in your hot cocoa mix and stir well.
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way with your batter and bake 18-20 minutes.
Allow the cupcakes to cool fully.
In a large bowl, beat butter and vanilla together until smooth.
Add the marshmallow fluff into your butter mixture and mix until creamy.
Place the marshmallow mixture into a piping bag and frost the cupcakes.
Add two of the mini cookies for the ears to each cupcake.
Glue buttons on the cupcake wrapper if you desire.