Mint Julep Cupcakes : If downing a cupcake sounds like a lot more fun than knocking back a drink, we hear you. With a Jim Bean Bourbon frosting, these amazing cupcakes are so fun and full in flavor.
Have fun with this cocktail cupcake people will be talking about even after they are all gone.
- 1 C unsalted european sweet cream butter
- 2 C white sugar sugar
- 1 tsp madagascar vanilla extract
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 4 eggs
- 2¾ C all-pourpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 C of Jim Beam bourbon
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line cupcake tins with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, baking powder, and 1¾ cups of the flour.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and extracts in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Add the milk and bourbon to the batter, and then the remaining flour.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once cool, pick the cupcakes with a fork and then using a BBQ brush, brush the tops with the Bourbon.
Bourbon and Mint Frosting Ingredients/Directions:
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1/3 Jim Bean
- ¼ cup Green Crème de Menthe
- Dash of Salt
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar
With paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth. Add salt and 2 cups powdered sugar. Slowly beat in until smooth, add Bourbon and Crème de Menthe and mix on low speed. Add remaining sugar until smooth. Adjust sugar for consistency variances depending on desired outcome of frosting. Frost. Garnish with fresh mint leaf.
Happy Baking and please let me know if you have any questions or even share some of your experience with the recipe and pictures!!