I told you this whole Pinterest thing would be a problem. Anyway, I thought…”hmmmm, let me try might be easier that I think!” And guess what?
…… It was!
My kids enjoyed them, so they are definitely kiddo approved!
This is the best combo for a woopie pie the cake mix made it close to perfection! The perfect amount of fluffiness! and taste.
- duncan hines pineapple cake mix
- 3/4 C water
- 1/2 C oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli white chocolate melting chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixture or large mixing bowl with hand mixer.
- Mix until all is combined
- Place a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet.
- Scoop some batter with a ice cream scooper onto the cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pull out and let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, transfers the pies onto a plate to cool more while you prep the frosting.
- while frosting is being made, in a double broiler, melt some white chocolate melting chips and set aside.
- Frosting ingredients
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 TBSP coconut extract
- 2 C Powder Sugar
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream.
- Combine all ingredients, except heavy cream, into a standing mixture.
- If the frosting looks like powdery pebbles, add the heavy cream.
- Once stiff peaks are formed, scoop frosting into a piping bag with a round tip.
- Pipe icing onto one side of the whoopie pie and place the other side on top.
- Using the melted white chocolate, drizzle onto the whoopie pies
Thanks so much for coming by means so much!
Go like Sequins in the South Facebook page and never miss a yummy creation!