Geez, what a week! Busy busy here with lots of running around and hours @ the gym with the kiddos, and lots of fun fall stuff, too. But now it’s over already! Yikes. I think we all need to just slow down and have a cookie.
I even had time to dig out some of the fall/Halloween decorations and start putting them up. That’s always fun. We just love any kind of holiday decorating.
I especially love seasonal baking. I warned you…I have a few more pumpkin-y recipes up my sleeve this fall!
- 1 C sugar
- 2 TBSP molasses
- 6 TBSP pumpkin puree ( use only pumpkin puree)
- ½ C shortening (not butter)
- 1 egg. Room temp
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 ¼ flour
- 2 tsp instant dark roasted instant coffee
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 jar Ghirardelli hot fudge sauce
- Whole coffee beans
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sugar, molasses, pumpkin puree and shortening in a bowl stirring after each addition.
- Now whisk in the egg. In another bowl add in the dry ingredients flour, instant coffee, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt and baking soda stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Slowly scoop in a small amount of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix after each addition.
- Using a small ice cream scoop to make your batter into balls placing each one on the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake your cookies for 7-8 minutes or until they appear puffy and slightly undercooked. Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet before moving them to a wire rack for the chocolate drizzle.
- Place a cup of the fudge sauce into the microwave for 5-10 seconds for it to melt. Using a teaspoon begin to drizzle the melted chocolate sauce over each cookie. Garnish each coffee with a coffee bean.
- (Your cookies will harden as they cool)
These cookies are some of my favorites. They are soft, chewy, and so perfect with tea or hot cider. The secret ingredient here is the instant coffee – it keeps them soft and gives them that rich, spicy flavor that everyone loves.