The saying: “Everything’s bigger in Texas,” always makes me giggle. When it comes to this Texas Margarita though, that saying reins true. Not only is it large and in charge, it is beyond delicious and an amazing twist on a traditional margarita.
There is nothing wrong with a delicious cocktail every once in a while, and these are perfect for just about any occasion. We love the little spicy kick from the jalapenos. They just add a delicious depth of flavor that will surprise and please your taste buds.
We love the little fruity kick you get from the cranberry juice and raspberry liqueur. It pairs so well with the spicy kick from the jalapenos. You can of course, choose to omit the jalapenos, but I wouldn’t recommend it. They are just an amazing addition to this drink.
So, if you are planning on having a fun get together, or simply want to enjoy a drink after a long day. This cocktail is for you. It will wake up your taste buds and leave you feeling refreshed.
Fun to make and fun to drink!
So, lets raise a glass and get making this delicious Texas Margarita recipe.
What you Need to Make a Texas Margarita
This cocktail is a generally simple one to make. You will only need a few simple ingredients and a great class to put them all in.
- 1 ounce of cranberry juice – Make sure you choose real cranberry juice and not cocktail, it makes all the difference in the flavor of this drink.
- 2 ½ ounces of margarita mix – You can usually find this anywhere that you purchase your alcohol.
- 2 ounces of tequila – Choose a high quality tequila to get a deeper, smoother flavor.
- ½ an ounce of raspberry liqueur – This can also be found where you purchase your alcohol.
- Fresh lime juice from a quarter of a lime – You don’t want too much lime as it can overpower the drink.
- Sliced jalapenos – This adds a delicious kick to your beverage.
- Salt for the rim of your glass
- 1 10 ounce glass
- 1 cocktail shaker
How to Make a Texas Margarita
Prepare your 10 ounce glass by rubbing the edge with a lime and dipping it into the salt.
Fill your glass with ice and set aside.
Add all of your ingredients, except for the raspberry liqueur, to the cocktail shaker.
Shake the cocktail shaker to combine everything well.
Pour the mixture into your prepared glass.
Top with your raspberry liqueur.
Sit back and enjoy your drink. Cheers!
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 2 1⁄2 oz margarita mix
- 2 oz tequila
- 1⁄2 oz raspberry liqueur
- 1⁄4 lime, juice of (Fresh)
- Jalapeños sliced
- Salt for glass rim
- Prepare the glass by rubbing the edge with a lime and then dip into the salt.
- Fill with ice and set to the side.
- Add all ingredients together, except raspberry liquor. in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake to combine.
- Pour into your glass.
- Top with raspberry liquor.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy this yummy drink!
Check out this Simple Time Mixers subscription box! Every month you get:
- One 32 ounce seasonal mixer (makes 10 cocktails) PLUS
- One 16 ounce infused mixer (makes 5 cocktails)
- Recipes and tips
Simple Times Mixers
The mixers are non-alcoholic so you can mix them with seltzer or soda if you prefer. Otherwise, just combine them with your favorite spirit!
If you really want to up your cocktail game, you might prefer the Shaker & Spoon cocktail box.
Shaker & Spoon
Every month you get 3 recipes and all the syrups, mixers, and garnishes you need to make amazing cocktails. The alcohol isn’t included which is actually a good thing since you don’t have to be home to sign for the package when it arrives.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe so you can enjoy this Texas Margarita whenever you want!