I will try anything once heck normally more than once that’s just my personality. Over the past 10 years I have tried some crazy insane things.
that no one would consider a good “idea” or healthy. Like horrible sleep habits, Going days without drinking water, way to much caffeine for a normal human not to mention the most un – healthiest relationship know to man (Before I met my awesome husband.)
So lately I’ve been taking time to reevaluate my mind and body and take care of me.
In the past few months I’ve came to realize I’m not so worried about my outer appearance; I’m trying to focus on feeling good and being healthy. So far it’s included joining the gym, eating better not less and taking up yoga classes every time they are available.
And the next thing I want to explore and know nothing about (YET) is using essential oils in my daily life.
So where do I or did I even start ? So far I have asked lots of questions from people that have proven success stories, Read a few beginner’s guides and ordered my 1st oil based on what I read and the 1st one I picked is Lemon.
You will have to read and research about which oil does what and helps with what your wanting to decided which ones you should start with…
Like I said the reason I picked lemon was because what I read and this is what it said: some offices and businesses in Japan actually put lemon oil in the air units because it makes the employees more alert and less mistakes were being made. So in general it is a mind opener.
So while I am waiting on my oils to arrive I’m going to share the information I soaked up with yall.
Below is what I think is helpful to beginners and answered a few of my questions.
1. Topical and aromatic are the easiest and safest ways for a beginner to start by breathing them and rubbing into skin.
2. When using essential oils for health the quality of the oil is the major factor. Look for keywords such as: medical use, highest quality, 100% pure.
3. Always buy oils that come in a dark bottle. Oils are very light sensitive and any great oil company knows this.
4. Where you buy your oils is total preference. You have to figure out which price point and method works best for you. There are direct sale company’s like Doterra and Young Living, health or natural food stores and a lot of people are finding etsy to be any amazing source.
5. Smell is a direct pathway to the brains emotional center.
If you were to ask people close to me they would probably consider me a huge skeptic. So me taking a step and trying this is huge I actually believe a few of the success stories and proven research.
And then again why not try it ? I have always tried things that were bad for me like energy drinks, diet pills, sugar sugar and more sugar, energy pills and the list continues all the way to China for bad things we eat or try. So again why not try something that could help our mood, sleep and energy levels ?
That’s why I wanted to blog now before I even start so we can go on this journey together and I can post in live time the good and bad I experience.
Below are the next few oils I will be buying and what they do.
Lavender: calms, boost immunity.
Eucalyptus: anti-germs, fever.
Peppermint: headaches, itchy skin.
Sandalwood: promotes good sleep.
In the following weeks to come I will update in the comments so please keep checking back. Until then please leave comments on what works and what has not worked for you while using essential oils in your daily life.
♡ ● ♡ ● ♡