“I should have done that” “I shouldn’t have done that” how many mom’s say that on a daily basis ??
I do ! Why ?? Cause I am a victim of mom gulit.
I feel mom guilt sometimes when people would be like what in the world. For example:
1. Not being more patient when they disobey.
2. For not having it me to be a stay at home mom. (Even if we were rolling in $.)
3. Taking time for myself even if it’s my hour at the gym.
4. Not feeding them as healthy as I should.
And the list piles up a mountain high !!!
I’m one of those parents with that voice in their head saying don’t fuss don’t make them do that. what if something happens to them I don’t want that to be the last thing they do and I don’t want to have to live with that. I know super heavy thoughts but it’s true ! So how do I parent my kids to be kind, sweet, responsible and independent if I constantly have this voice and guilt.
Don’t get me wrong it’s not a gypsy wind free for all act like a bunch of idiots at our house ! I make them mind Teach them manners and have the normal let’s clean up party.
Yes growing up and being a little girl I knew I always wanted to be a mom. I was though very unaware of all the responsibilities and how deeply it would change my way of looking at the world. But more so I was shocked of the deep gulit I would have in my journey of motherhood.
Call me insane or gasp at how I spoil my kids but dig deep down what’s your mom gulit weakness ?
I haven’t read what I’m thinking anywhere yet but I had a wake up call on the way to work Friday morning ! I started thinking I am simply setting my kids up for failure by never letting them be sad, mad or any other emotion I try to protect them from. So when I arrived at my 9:00 to 5:00 I made me a list to reflet on every time I feel guilt and hear that voice of shame start up in my head.
1. They have to know they will not and cannot always get what they want.
2. Teaching them to clean teaches them self worth and how to be independent.
3. Saying no to them means they will explore different options and activites.
4. Feeding them pizza and cookies before bed is okay every now and then. They are full and tired what else is needing for good rest ? Nothing !
5. Being a working mom is OK !! It shows and teachs them work ethic.
Our best needs to be good enough ! And our best may look very different than another mom’s best, but that’s the whole damn thing, our best has nothing to do with another mom’s best !!
Remember that the next time your looking at facebook and you spent your Saturday cleaning the house and watching TV with the kids and your scrolling along and the next mom spent their Saturday with the kids making fresh berry preserves and embroidered a quilt to have a picnic on in the woods !!!
(Ha – Ha don’t say you don’t compare to Facebook and pintrest mom’s deep down we all do) ♡♡
So now these days I’m primarily working on being gracious to myself. Being what i think is the best mom i can be. Giving my self mercy for the ways I don’t live up to my own standards.
Okay now it’s Yall’s turn comment away… on what yall do and don’t do to ward off mom gulit !! Let’s learn and lift each other up !!
♡ ● ♡ ● ♡