Growing up I was such a scary cat !! I hated sleeping alone I remember falling a sleep sitting up cause I didn’t want to go to bed. I have two older sisters but they are nine and ten years older than me.
Of course they let me cuddle and sleep with them when they were home… But that wasn’t a lot during the teen years and then moving off to.
Now my parents are and were amazing but didn’t love when I tried to sleep with them. My choices usually consisted of making a pallet on the floor by my parents bed or my mom laying down with me then seeking out.
It sucked… why I didn’t want to sleep alone and be a “big girl” I have no idea??
And then thinking back my parents kept the bedroom door closed and we kinda knocked or yelled mom or dad as we entered.
We are not secretive and our bedroom is definitely not off limits and we never shut. Odd right ??? Do we have sex ha ! Yes yes we do we are not lacking in that department. And co sleeping hasn’t changed our love life we just simply go to a different room. I know a few friends who do co-sleeping, some who have at least tried it, and others who can’t imagine sharing their murphy beds with their children.
People have so many different opinions on co-sleeping and the parents room being off limits and some even find that they can’t share so much as their mattress with their children. But y’all now know mine and this is what I have learned so far:
– We sleep way more and better.
– We don’t have to take turns laying down with my daughter. Cause she hates sleeping alone.
– We don’t lay down with her and then fall asleep and end up sleeping in different beds.
– Its cramped some nights but I will so miss that one day when she’s to her family.
– My son does not feel left out when his feet hit the floor he comes and jumps in the with us all.
– Having a always open door in the bedroom makes me feel like my kids trust us and we are open with them.
– Not having sex in the bedroom is not a bad thing yall !
– I truly enjoy her sleeping and cuddling with me so why defend that ? I don’t.
I totally see both sides and never judge those who are so opposed to my views but this is what works best for us and makes me feel like I’m doing just one more thing right.
How do yall feel ? Co sleeping or no way ? Maybe something in between ?
Would love to hear your thoughts.