Enter the world of the wonton cup. For a few bucks you can pick up a 50-pack of them in most grocery stores today and then you can fill them with all kinds of stuff. I’ve done spinach artichoke dip in the past, but I think these were even better and great for a special game day occasion.
This is a great cold crab salad that you can quickly toss together. Let it chill and before you know it you have a great recipe that can be served anytime. This colorful crab salad can be made with either real crab or imitation crab. While they will taste slightly different depending on your choice, both versions are very good. Fresh crab is delightful in season; if you want this salad on a budget, try the imitation version. It tastes great, too.
Serve this delicious cold crab salad as an appetizer in small cups or on lettuce leaves, as a light lunch or as a side dish at dinner. It is perfect for potlucks, picnics and get togethers. This is a wonderful salad to make for a crowd since it is so simple. This versatile crab salad recipe will fast become a favorite. You can toss it together in minutes, and then just let it chill. This frees you up to work on other dishes, get ready for a party, or attend to other details.
- 1 pkg Crab, or imitation, diced or shredded (your preference)
- 3 ribs Celery, diced
- ¼ Onion, diced
- ¾ C Miracle whip type salad dressing
- 2 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Juice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- as desired Pepper
- 12 Wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray
- Take each wonton and press it into the muffin cup. The sides will overlap on each other, but this is ok. Be sure to press them right to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine crab, celery, and onion.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing, pickle juice, salt and pepper
- Mix the dressing mixture into the crab mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Let the baked wonton cups cool completely.
- Store the crab mixture in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Divide the crab mixture between the cups when ready to serve. Serve chilled.
All the ingredients are readily available year round, so go ahead and make this refreshing salad for holiday meals, informal gatherings or fancy parties. It is suitable for any situation. If you like pepper, you can throw some in to get color combinations. The eye appeal of this salad is enormous. No one will be able to resist trying it when it looks so good.