We live in Georgia & if I’m not outside I’m not happy, I’m looking for any excuse to get my family outside. Lawn games are my favorite—we can set up in a small patch of grass and play for hours.
This year I supersized one of our favorite dice games and took it outside. I made a giant set of dice for just a few dollars, and instead of sitting around the table, we’re taking our game out into the backyard. This giant DIY Yard set is quickly becoming our favorite backyard game yet! Check out the step-by-step tutorial to make your own below.
2 Cans White Spray Paint
1 Black Sharpie
1 Can Spray Lacquer (optional)
1 – 4×4 (Cut 5 pieces that are 3 ½ x 3 ½ inches)
1. Begin by cutting your board into 5 cubes that are 3 ½ inches by 3 ½ inches.
2. Next, you will need to sand each cube with 150 grit sandpaper. This is simply to smooth any
edges and to allow for a better paint look.
3. Once you are finished sanding, spray paint each one white. This may take two coats for
4. Once your cubes have finished drying, you will use a round router bit (as shown in photo) to
make your holes. Make sure to measure or use a guide so that your holes do not end up
crooked. We used a measuring square and simply made small guide holes with a thumb tack.
5. Once your holes have been made, use your black sharpie to fill them in black.
6. Once the paint has finished drying, coat each cube with the spray lacquer if desired. This will
allow it to last longer and protect it from moisture, etc. It will also give your dice a little shine!
So fun & these will last forever!