Not only do these cupcakes look like rainbow sherbet, they taste exactly like it!
I don’t think I’ll ever get bored of making cupcakes. And I think they’ll always be a big hit at parties. Especially considering you really can flavor them and decorate them in an infinite number of ways.
One dessert that I don’t think gets enough credit is sherbet. It seriously gets the short end of the stick and I’m pretty sure people should start paying it more attention. I mean what looks that pretty and taste that amazing!!
The fruity flavor of it and the colors make these Rainbow Sherbet Cupcakes seem like the perfect summer cupcake. This is a cupcake perfect for adults and the kids.
I also believe good desserts like these cupcakes deserved to be shared! (& if I don’t get them out of my house soon, I’ll eat them all!!).
- 2/3 C flour
- 5 TBS cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 6 TBS oil
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 4 Larger eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/2 C buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour cornstarch, baking soda, powder and salt. Mix
- In a bowl with a mixer, mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in oil. Mix
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and mix until each is blended after each addition.
- Add in the vanilla
- Combine both milk into another bowl.
- Add in flour mixture, alternating between a bit of flour mixture and milk.
- Scoop batter into the liners and bake for 21 minutes.
- Sherbert Frosting
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 4 C powder sugar
- 5 TBSP powder sugar
- Duncan Hines flavor packets Orange Creamsicle, and key lime.
- Add all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until stiff peaks form.
- Separate into 2 dishes and add in 1/2 of each flavor into the bowls.
- Scoop into a star tipped pipping bag, and pipe onto cupcakes