Nemo is the cutest and most popular fishy around. There are so many fun “under the sea” ideas this is one people will remember and love!
Kids and adults will have fun with these! I used a Vanilla cupcake with Vanilla icing, but you can use any combo you like the best. This type of cupcake is what I consider special touches and I enjoy doing it!
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar plus 2 more cups set aside
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- blue, black and yellow coloring gel.
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixture and mix.
- If the icing looks like milk yellow soup add in 1 more cup of powder sugar.
- If still thin, add in 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- Mix until stiff peaks form, 5-7 minutes.
- split into 4 bowls, leaving one white.
- Add blue, yellow, and black gel to one of the three remaining bowls.
- Once colors are mixed, scoop some icing into piping bags with #2 tips.
- Print out a dory image onto a piece of paper or draw the outline of her.
- Place printout onto a cookie sheet and place parchment or wax paper over.
- Outline Dory with the black icing in the correct place.
- Fill in with the blue, leaving the circle for her eyes empty.
- Fill in the yellow part of her tail.
- Fill in her eyes with the white icing, black for the pupil.
- Let dry over night then place onto the cupcake the following day.
Enjoy & have fun!!! Thanks so much for coming by.