Did someone say lemons? Give me anything with lemon in the recipe! I can’t get enough of that refreshing taste. I love lemons in everything! I will take them any way I can. Lemon Mousse is such a pretty dessert. You can serve it with fruit for a pretty extra touch.
- 1 box Lemon Jell-O
- 1 brick Cream Cheese
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ C Demerara Sugar
- 1 container Whipped Topping
- 1 C graham cookie crumbs
- ¼ C Butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, and HALF of the lemon zest. Whip until soft.
- In a separate bowl, combine the jello with 3 tbsp. of HOT water. Stir in water until “grittiness” from the sugar is gone.
- Add the lemon jello to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold in the container of whipped topping, combining thoroughly
- Add the melted butter to the gingersnap crumbs. Dividing evenly between the ramekins, press the crumbs into the bottom of the dishes.
- Spoon in the lemon mixture, and smooth it into “mounds” above the top of the dish.
- Mix the remaining zest with the demerara sugar, and sprinkle this on top of the dessert to add some crunch and extra lemon flavor.