These cookies have the tang of lime juice and the kick of tequila. What’s not to love? This is my go to cookie when I want to pack up in cute packaging and wow them with a unique treat. These cookies scream summer & fun.********
What You Need:
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks (1 cup) butter-softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 T Tequila
Juice from 1 lime
Zest from 1 lime
8 oz Wilton sparkling sugar
How To Create:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, eggs, tequila, lime juice and lime zest. Mix with an electric mixer on medium for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Add the dry ingredients, a little bit at a time, until fully incorporated.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
7. Pour the Wilton sugar crystals into a small shallow bowl.
8. With your hands, roll the cookie dough into 2 inch balls and place into the bowl with the sugar crystals.
9. Cover each cookie dough ball with the sugar crystals and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they begin to slightly brown.
ENJOY THIS PARTY COOKIE
Cheers !!! Enjoy these and please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks so much for coming by!