I haven’t made it a secret that I’m a coffee lover. I’ve been sharing recipes for Pull Apart Pumpkin Bread, Nutella Frappuccino, and Chewy S’mores Bars. AND I have an espresso frosted brownie coming up soon! For me, the addition of coffee as an ingredient in my kitchen has been a wonderful part of my foodie creations.
I also love drinking it. (Daily)
These Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes are a great copycat of the popular Starbucks fall drink. The pumpkin, coffee, and spices go together so well. And who can resist a cute cupcake with a fun straw?
Fall seems to be all about the Pumpkin Spice. While I love a piping hot coffee as much as anyone, what if you could combine all those flavors into a baked good?
Well I just did! These Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes contain real pumpkin and a punch of real coffee. You may want to eat these pumpkin spice cupcakes for breakfast, and that’s fine with me. No judging here!
So now you can have your Pumpkin Spice Latte, and eat it too.
I hope that everyone enjoys these as much as we did! We’re looking forward full of pumpkin festivities this weekend. Hopefully, we’ll be painting/carving pumpkins, provided that we can find the perfect pick.
- 1 box of Perfectly Pumpkin Cake Mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. whole milk
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C. strong coffee*
- "!Cream Cheese Frosting:"
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 C. butter, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4-5 C. powdered sugar
- straws and pumpkin pie spice for decoration
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- 2. Combine cake mix, butter, eggs. milk, cinnamon, vanilla, sour cream in a large standing mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- 3. Stir in coffee (make it as strong as you want your "latte" cupcakes to be).
- 4. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 16-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 5. Let cool.
- 1. Beat cream cheese and butter for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until thickened.
- 9. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and top with a straw.
But since it’s fall now and 65 degree weather is just around the corner, these cupcakes will be perfect for you to enjoy. And since coffee is a “breakfast” food, have them anytime!!