For the past few days as I browsed the Internet hoping to find the inspiration for my new culinary adventures, I came across many recipes. I decided to make a summer day treat. It’s time to satisfy my own cravings! And this is the type of creation I love!!
I always find it very helpful to use paper cupcake liners. It makes for easy clean up, simple removal of the cupcakes from the pan
Sweet, salty, tart and yummy, all together. Sounds great to me! I poked holes to add the tequila made it super easy… you could omit if you like (or make with something other than tequila).
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 C lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Tequila
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C whole milk
- 1/4 C finely chopped strawberries
- 2 tsp strawberry flavoring
- 1 C softened sweet cream butter unsalted
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 Cap full of tequila
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the flour and whisk place to the side.
- Add all wet ingredients, including strawberries, in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes until thoroughly blended.
- Now combine the two mixes together and mix well so that they are all combined
- Place cupcake liners into the cupcake pan and then fill each cupcake liner ¾ full with cake mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted the center cupcake comes out clean, about 21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool several minutes.
- Once cooled, poke holes into the cupcake and brush tequila over the top using a BBQ sauce brush, or you can dip the top of the cupcake into a bowl of tequila.
- Add in powdered sugar, butter, 1 cap full of tequila and lime juice all at once into a standing mixer.
- Set on Low speed and mix increasing to Med. slowly
- Continue to mix till the frosting is light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and top with a Strawberry and lime slice
Thanks so much for coming by means so much!