I live in Georgia so winter is not to bad here but, I stay ready for hot weather. Summertime in GA is spent out doors we basically live on the deck and around the pool.
Lighter fare, fresh colors and flavors, is what I love most about summer recipes and this is easy and will have people going crazy for it!
Just because so many Summer get-togethers are outside barbecues doesn’t mean you can’t bring something beautiful to the party! I especially love food that is bright and fun while still being incredibly simple. This Summer Fruit Bruschetta will brighten any get together!
- 1/2 cantaloupe- diced
- 1 cup strawberries- diced
- 8 oz. mozzarella- diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil - torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large French baguette
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- Slice baguette diagonally into 1 inch pieces and place on shallow baking pan.
- Brush with olive oil and broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and toasted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the fruit and basil. Gently toss, cover and chill while preparing glaze.
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Over medium heat, stir occasionally until the mixture thickens and reduces by half. This process usually takes about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the fruit, mozzarella and basil. Gently toss to combine. Cover and chill until serving time.
- Right before serving, spoon the fruit and cheese mixture on top of each baguette.
- Lightly drizzle the balsamic glaze on top and ENJOY!!