Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese Stuffed Pepperoncini
Holy amazing !!!! Your taste buds will score a touchdown !!! This is the perfect creation for game day !!! I live in GA so football is huge !!! We make it a gathering, party and even play cards in between sometimes. Yep and all the wife’s and girlfriend’s hogs the TV for the 1/2 time show !! Why not make it fun & create something amazing and eye catching ? Yes, beer and wings are AMAZING but have some good girl food the guys will love it to but won’t admit it !!
This is so easy and so good it’s almost to good to be true !
Greek Plain Yogurt
(I bought the cream cheese & yogurt already mixed)
Balsamic Glaze (Optional)
- 1 (24-oz.) jar whole pepperoncini peppers drained and patted dry with paper towels.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, VERY soft
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pound smoked salmon, cut into long, thin strips
- Make a small incision – lengthwise – on the side of each pepper. Very carefully remove the seeds and discard them. Thoroughly dry the peppers with paper towels; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, dill, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; mix well until completely combined… I got mine already mixed and it was so easy you can do either way.
- Use a small spoon to scoop 2 teaspoons of the filling into each pepper. Wrap a thin, long strip of salmon around each pepper and secure with a toothpick. Garnish with dill and lemon zest *optional*. Serve at once or keep cold in the fridge until needed.
I added the lemon zest (outside of lemon the peel) to my mix it was perfect for a extra kick.
Use a tiny spoon so easy to get it in the pepper.
Wrap salmon all the way around with a bit extra then secure with toothpick etc… I used mini forks.
You can make this up to 3 hours in advance just out in fridge.
• Grand Prize (1) – 55” 4K LED TV plus the Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack including Mezzetta branded football, blanket, pint glasses (4), cooler, party tray, cocktail napkins, and a jar each of Mezzetta Whole Golden Greek Peperoncini, Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeños, Deli-Sliced Mild Pepper Rings, Sliced Golden Greek Peperoncini, Roasted Bell Peppers and Deli-Sliced Roasted Bell Pepper Strips.
• Runner Up Prizes (10) – Mezzetta Homegating Party Pack
Requirements for Entry: First Name, Last Name and Email Address
Expires: January 26th, 2016
Winners Chosen at Random
Winner will be notified and will receive prize within 2 weeks.
The success for this Homegating Recipe is the Mezzetta Pepper a family owned company that delieves the best peppers for our favirote creations.