I have to admit. One of my favorite cookies inspired me to make this Cookies and Cream Margarita and now I’m obsessed. I can’t stop thinking about dipping another OREO into my margarita!
When I first decided to make this simple cookies & cream margarita, I wasn’t super sure what to expect.
I just knew that I had to try it.
I can’t believe how awesome this cookies and cream margarita tastes–and I’m kind of obsessed with it.
Do you know what’s better than an OREO cookie dipped in milk? An OREO cookie dipped in a margarita.
What You Need to Make this Cookies & Cream Margarita
One of the best things about this amazingly easy cookie-based margarita is that it’s just like cookies and cream ice cream.
I’m not joking, it’s like a yummy cookies and cream ice cream, but in slushie form.
And it only takes a handful of ingredients that I had around the house:
- 1 shot Tequila
- 1/2 shot Triple Sec
- 8-10 OREO Double-Stuff cookies
- 2 cups ice
- Corn Syrup for rimming
How to Make this Cookies and Cream Margarita
Open all of the OREOs.
Scrape cream into large bowl with ice. Set aside cookie exteriors. If you have to, eat one.
Add triple sec and tequila. I personally have no preference for alcohol brands. I mean, I can taste the difference between different wines, but when you put lime and ice in with some salt and tequila–I really don’t know that I can taste the different tequila flavors.
Blend. Now, this sounds simple enough, but you want to blend really well. I used my trusty immersion blender. Cheap little workhorse makes perfectly crushed ice for margaritas every time.
Place cookie exteriors in a sandwich bag. (what else do you call them? shells?!)
Crush cookie exteriors with a rolling pin or your hand.
Add 2 tablespoons of crushed cookie exteriors to blended mixture and stir gently until cookie exteriors are combined well.
Rim glass with corn syrup
Dip rim of glass in remaining crushed OREO cookies.
Pour blended mixture into glass. Kick your feet back and enjoy!
- 1 shot tequila
- 1/2 shot triple sec
- 8 OREO Double Stuff cookies
- 2 cups ice
- 2 Tbsp corn syrup
- Open all of the cookies.
- Scrape cream from each cookie into blender. Set aside cookies.
- Add triple sec and tequila to the blender.
- Blend well.
- Place cookies in a plastic sandwich bag.
- Crush cookies with a rolling pin.
- Add 2 tablespoons of crushed cookies to blender and stir gently. Pour remaining cookie crumbs onto small plate.
- Rim glass with corn syrup.
- Dip rim of glass in remaining cookie crumbs.
- Pour blended mixture into glass.
- Garnish with extra cookie crumbs or cookies if desired. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 854Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 486mgCarbohydrates: 126gFiber: 3gSugar: 87gProtein: 4g
Check out this Simple Time Mixers subscription box! Every month you get:
- One 32 ounce seasonal mixer (makes 10 cocktails) PLUS
- One 16 ounce infused mixer (makes 5 cocktails)
- Recipes and tips
Simple Times Mixers
The mixers are non-alcoholic so you can mix them with seltzer or soda if you prefer. Otherwise, just combine them with your favorite spirit!
If you really want to up your cocktail game, you might prefer the Shaker & Spoon cocktail box.
Shaker & Spoon
Every month you get 3 recipes and all the syrups, mixers, and garnishes you need to make amazing cocktails. The alcohol isn’t included which is actually a good thing since you don’t have to be home to sign for the package when it arrives.
Other Great Frozen Margarita Recipes
- I absolutely LOVED this Orange Creamsicle Margarita–just like an Orange Julius!
- Cotton Candy Margaritas are meant for fun-times!
- If you’re one of those folks trying to be “skinny”, then this Skinny Jalapeno Margarita is the perfect cocktail.
If you love this Classic Frozen Margarita Recipe, but you’re not quite ready to kick your feet up and relax, just pin this to your favorite summer cocktails board on Pinterest so you can find it quick later!