Margaritas are an amazing cocktail to enjoy, especially on the beach. However, you don’t need a beach to enjoy this Boozy Strawberry Margarita Cake. Not only is it delicious, it reminds me of a sunny day, on a beach chair, listening to the ocean.
If you too want to be transported to your favorite sunny destination, this cake will do just that. Perfect no matter the season, this delicious dessert has always brought a smile to my face and the faces of those I have served it to.
The way the Jose Cuervo Strawberry Lime Margarita drink mix adds a brightness to the delicious whipped topping is astounding. The flavors just dance on your tongue.
One of the best parts of this cake is that it is actually referred to as a poke cake. This means that you poke the holes in the cake and then pour the drink mix over top and allow it to soak into the cake. This lends a delicious texture and fantastic finishing taste to your cake.
Boozy and fun!
Let’s get started making this delicious Boozy Strawberry Margarita Cake.
What You Need to Make This Boozy Strawberry Margarita Cake
This yummy poke cake recipe combines the delicious flavors of a margarita that you know and love. It doesn’t take much more than a boxed cake mix and a few simple ingredients.
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix – You will want to ensure that you also have the ingredients listed on the box in order to prepare it properly.
- 1 3.5 ounce box of vanilla pudding – Just the mix, do not prepare it before you make the cake.
- 1 cup of almond milk – Almond milk adds a delicious flavor to this cake.
- 1 cup ready to use Jose Cuervo Drink in Strawberry Lime Margarita flavor – You will want to ensure that this is divided.
- 1 8 ounce tub of whipped topping – Thaw this before you use it.
- 16 ounces of strawberries chopped up – Don’t opt to use frozen berries, you will want to ensure they are fresh.
- 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- Lime slices and strawberry slices for the garnish
How to Make Boozy Strawberry Margarita Cake
Bake your strawberry cake mix according to the package instructions.
Allow your cake to partially cool on a wire rack.
Poke holes in the cake with a fork or a wooden skewer.
Pour half a cup of the Jose Cuervo drink mix over the holes in the cake, allow it to properly soak in.
Mix the vanilla pudding mix together with the almond milk and half the Jose Cuervo drink mix.
Fold the whipped topping, strawberries and lime zest in with the pudding mixture.
Spread the topping mixture over top of your cake.
Garnish the cake with lime and strawberry slices.
Refrigerate cake for at least half an hour.
Enjoy your delicious boozy dessert.
- 1 strawberry cake mix, prepared as directed on package instructions
- 1 (3.5 ounce) box vanilla pudding
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup Ready to Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita, divided
- 8 ounce tub whipped topping, thawed
- 16 ounces strawberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Lime slices and strawberry slices to garnish
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Allow to partially cool on a wire rack.
- Poke holes with a fork or wooden skewer.
- Pour 1/2 cup Jose Cuervo Drink Strawberry Lime Margarita over the holes in the cake, allowing it to soak up.
- Mix together vanilla pudding mix with almond milk and ½ Jose Cuervo Strawberry Lime Margarita.
- Fold in whipped topping with strawberries and lime zest. Spread this on top of the cake.
- Garnish with limes and strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Need a beverage to wash down the cake? I can’t think of anything that would pair better than a Frozen Strawberry Margarita!
More Boozy Desserts
Margaritas are one of my favorite drinks so they inspire a lot of my desserts. Here are some more margarita-inspired desserts you may enjoy:
Need to go stock up on tequila before you can make your cake? Don’t forget to pin the recipe so you can find it when you get home!